This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sometimes Selfish

Yeesh, I'm sorry it took me so long to say hi and to answer everyone. This holiday I've had to be a little neglectful in favor of pressing and personal stuff that's got my head a-spinning. I sure hope you all understand that I'm doing my best, and that it's no reflection on my feelings for you. I wish it was a comfort to know that part of me feels horribly guilty (though another part thinks her own needs take precedence this time & will defend that notion — the combination isn't pretty, I'm afraid).



I spent the last few days with my family, who I haven't seen but maybe once since the biggest and most public disaster and failure of my entire life (which also happened to be the wisest, strongest, and toughest decision I've ever made)! Yay! I did my utmost to convince my family that I'm not a complete mess, but I'm afraid I convinced no one (despite the evidence!!). So in this case, part of me feels deeply inadequate, while another thinks she's pretty damn amazing. Humiliation/pride. So ungainly! Ah, well.

Tomorrow (and probably for the rest of my vacation) I'm to drive around to haggle with car dealers (I've been on the phone with them all afternoon). I'd much rather spend what remains of my vacation riding my bike, writing short stories, and visiting the SFMOMA. Dear car salespeople: internally, I'm at war with myself & believe me, I'm not going to be your favorite customer.

To the rest of you, don't worry — I'll subject you to me soon enough.

12 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

You are one of the strongest people I know! Now, go give 'em hell and come back with a great car at a killer price!!!!

It's an adventure!

...You rock at those!

And, you've been greatly missed! Christmas just wasn't the same. Can't wait to hear all about everything!

love and kisses,
matty

6:06 AM

 
Blogger ginab said...

Go get'em! Car sales personnel are the worst in my op, and so I applaud you in going forth to let'em have it.

And I'm with Matty. You're the strongest person I know.

I do wish you could see what I finally did to my room! I moved in!

Hang tough dove.

-ginab+beatrice xo

7:15 PM

 
Blogger William Shakespeare said...

Don't let those people push you around! I know you won't.

Family has a way of pointing out inadequacies, even when there are none.

You are a toughy, super-toughy.

My dad and I were discussing the tiger that escaped from SF Zoo, and he said to me: I wonder how it happened. That tiger must have had super-strength.

Ah, hah, you are that tiger!

11:02 AM

 
Blogger matty said...

Well, I do hope that Ing didn't attack any of the car dealers and rip off limbs. ...that might not be good. ...not that they might not deserve it, but all the same!

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Prof Scrub said...

Dear Selfish Golden Piggy,

Dont forget to give the tyres a good kicking. I would recommend wearing some industrial sized boots.

Prof Scrub
http://www.profscrub.com

1:04 PM

 
Blogger Ren said...

I've come to find that the most important person to convince of your abilities is yourself... The rest is easy after that.

2:41 PM

 
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

Form what I gather here by the bear smell, you are not a complete mess at all. I hope you surprise yourself in 2008, with good surprises, and you continue to look ahead and have fun and get drenched in happiness, and most important of all, you buy a Mini Cooper.

4:32 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

Matty:

Me: No, YOU are!

You: (Shatters champagne glass) No, YOU are!

Me: (Rips SF phone book in half) No, YOU are!

You: (Chops down tree with karate move) No, YOU are!

Me: (Listens to your Liza Minelli collection) No, I am!

The Majority: (In unison, wearing ear plugs) Yes, ing is the strongest person we know!

Liza: It's Liza with a Z
Not Lisa with an S
'Cause Lisa with an S
Goes "sss" not "zzz"
It's Z instead of S
Li instead of Lee
It's simple as can be
See, Liza!
I'll do it again...

* * *

I'll email you about our plans, because we need to make some!

___________

ginab:

I did, I got'em! I wish I could see pics of your new room . . .

____________

Sir William:

Oh, wow, look, William Shakespeare is talking to me from the present time! Hi, Mr. Shakespeare! I didn't know you had a dad! Did he read about the tiger on Craigslist, or did you send him a newspaper from the present day in your time machine?

Thank you for your kind words. I'm honored that you've come to pay me a visit.

____________

matty:

I didn't attack, but I did overturn a couple of cars and set them on fire while catfighting in my fur coat and underwear. If only Alan were there to record it with his camera!

_____________

Dear scrubbing prof:

In an effort to be thorough, not only did I kick the tires, but I took an ice pick to them. And I used a hammer on the headlights. They just don't make cars like they used to!

_____________

ren:

How right you are!

_____________

avarahn:

You're such a nice person! Really, I can tell!

2008 is going to be a great year for me, I just know it. And I hope it's great for you, too. Do you have any plans/resolutions/big goals?

I didn't wind up with a Mini Cooper, though I sure would have liked to. I went for a light blue Hyundai Accent GS. It's just a start, but if I drive it places, I figure I have some fun in store.

10:17 PM

 
Blogger purplesime said...

I'm back at work. Jeez. What's that all about?

Anyhoo, hope your New Year is a happy one. Be good, be safe and stay blogging.

purplesimon out...

1:20 AM

 
Blogger ginab said...

Hey, it's great to hear you starting off the new year heading straight for the higher and higher! And lookin' like the cover of a magazine, you smack down SHINE in pink!

Great!

I return to the civilized world tomorrow.

-xo

2:08 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

purps:

Me too, back to work today! And though I had a real tough time getting out of bed, it was kind of nice to be back. Hmmm. . .

You be good, safe, and blog yourself. (Isn't that an old folk blessing?)

_____________

ginab:

Yeah, the cover of Tiger Beat!

How was the civilized world? Did you kick any ass?

8:48 PM

 
Blogger ginab said...

FreedomZ just another word for /
Nothing left to loose.

Oops! Woke up singing. Tra-la-la.

I hope the snot dissipates (that your cold flies away) soon.

4:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home