This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Matty!!!!!!

Today Matty is just a little bit older than me, as he will always be, no matter how many birthdays he amasses, a sparkling pile of years that collect like grains of sand in the bottom of a very large hourglass. Still spry despite time's ravages, Matty has escaped the toll that the decades can take and I only hope that I fare just as well as he has. I've always looked up to Matty as a sort of older-mentor-spirit-guide, and given our relative ages, I suppose that I always will. In return, I have tried to be a walker for him to lean on as he journeys down the cobblestone streets of his long, long life, and someday, if I am lucky enough to reach the milepost he has reached today, I hope to reflect back on my youth and have a hearty laugh about my follies, one last ray of sun before the sun's eternal setting. Matty, I'm so glad we've been able to bridge the invisible barrier society calls the "generation gap," because you are helping me prepare for the golden years, and though for me those years lie far in the golden future, given time, I too will find that I have nearly chased down the years. Only in the chase I will be behind you, always, because as I may have mentioned, I'm still a bit younger than you are.

Happy Birthday my dear, dear, dear friend! Honestly, you are wise and wonderful and strikingly handsome! I'm so jealous that you have such a hot boyfriend, too, you skinny bitch. Here's a birthday song for you:

2 Comments:

Blogger ginab said...

geez, where is he at?

10:37 AM

 
Blogger matty said...

Oh, thank you. I would write a detailed note of my journey and turning this major corner of life --- sadly, my fingers are far too frail and Little Bagel just knocked my walker over.

...watch out for wigs.

(this is the best advice I can offer)

love,
matty

4:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home