This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jump-Rope Song For Middle-Aged Women

Sometimes I'm glad I never had children
because children grow up
and make their moms sad
but sometimes I'm sad I never had children
and watched them grow up
and had my heart broken

A child, in my mind,
is an experience
we can miss without having,
like losing a button
that's just been sewn on

Sometimes I wish that I'd been more careful
because if I were careful
I wouldn't have children
lately I've loved with far too much caution
and folded my money
and swallowed my gum

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

I think sometimes caution is required.

...but, most times I think it is good to spit the gum out and dare anyone to question it.

children.

well, you never know.

sometimes i think the parents make the children more sad -- and hurt.

11:07 AM

 
Blogger ing said...

Matty:

A little caution, a little abandon. I think I'm going to try abandon for a while and see where that takes me.

Children are nice. If they belong to other people. I can't imagine having one all the time. I can't imagine dedicating all of my attention to a child. I wish Miss S would pop one out so I could enjoy the whole thing without all the work.

You know, I think children hurt their parents and parents hurt their children. We all transfer our problems and faults. I really am glad I never had one, because sometimes I am one.

10:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home