This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Okay, So

you want to feel better? Get in shape! That's what I'm doing. I don't feel miraculously and instantly wonderful, but I like being so busy wheezing & sweating that I don't have as much room in my head to feel sad. My arms are soooo weak, but just now, I burned 300 calories. Tonight I have stuff to do for work, and it's cramping my weekend style, but that's what work looks like for everyone these days. My boss left a detailed message on my machine, and as Matty pointed out, she's a great mentor.

Before I get started on my work thing, I'm going to do four tasks to improve myself and my surroundings (Beth Lisick inspired me, I guess). Four is a big number, but I need to make up for lost time, since I spent the weekend trying to have pure, selfish, whoop-te-doo fun. And for as long as I can make myself do it, I'm going to do at least one thing every single day — that is, beyond the stuff I really should be doing, such as dishes and laundry — to make my immediate surroundings more comfortable, and one thing to make myself look and feel great.

I hope it works. God, I hope so.

5 Comments:

Blogger ginab said...

funny thing is I've been swimming to drown, as you know, and of course ouch goes the sciatic nerve.

2:02 PM

 
Blogger Ticharu said...

I'm afraid I'll go on improving myself right into the grave! haha! One should stop short of that I suppose...

11:42 AM

 
Blogger William Shakespeare said...

This weekend I hung out with my aunt and cousin. My aunt and I had a good conversation about "self-improvement" and developing compassion for the people in our lives that bum us out and bring us down.

I'm going to try to improve, too, by being more compassionate and shutting my mouth a bit more when things bother me (because the bothersome is passing, right?).

I also have kitty therapy. Oh, god, I've turned into a cat lady already.

5:38 PM

 
Blogger sage said...

Get an ipod and listen to books when you work out--if you're listening to a good one, it'll help you work out longer and more frequently. Good luck

6:47 PM

 
Blogger Mone said...

Excercicing really improves your self confidence, I*ve seen it work on me. Even as I didnt really lose that much weigth yet, I feel a lot better. happy easter to you =)

12:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home