This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday,

Edward Albee!





Just watched Margot at the Wedding. Loved it, loved it, loved it. In real life, I hate not knowing for sure what I think, feel, and want. But I guess life will continue to be this ongoing struggle with the truth. I guess the stupid future is always uncertain. And secretly, that's what I live for. If I knew what was coming next, I'd have nothing to write about. Because sure, we get over these little humps every so often, but there's always the next one. Things keep getting deeper and more complicated. I'm glad to be forty.

Donovan. I need to get me some Donovan. I've overdone Nick Drake.

Can't wait for Sunday!

6 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

...so glad you liked that film! I don't B cared much for it.

Yes, stay away from Drake when feeling low! Of course, I've been listening to far too much Marianne Faithful and Tom Waits. ...but, with Waits it has mostly been "Hold On" over and over and over again...

I have a Donovan vinyl that just rocks!

6:12 PM

 
Blogger matty said...

Mark Fry is kind of cool, too.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

Matty:

Which vinyl? Which vinyl? Which album, I mean?

Drake makes me happy. He brings back all these memories of the UCSC campus in fall, because back when I was teaching I used to listen to him in the car. But I've listened so much, and I need something else now.

Who is Mark Fry? Have you heard Scout Niblett?

6:21 PM

 
Blogger ginab said...

Margot, I dunno. I love JJ LEIGH and a'course ...

A great line in there. Just the best.

glad you liked it, although I cannot believe I saw Margot before you.

10:49 AM

 
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

i met albee, so i did. and heard him give a speech. nice man.

11:53 AM

 
Blogger matty said...

...that would be Sunshine Superman.

I think I wrote about Mark Fry. I think. Now, tho, I'm not sure. Anyway, he was acid-folky much in the same sort as Donovan but not quite as pop. He recorded one infamous LP called Dreaming With Alice which I rather like.

Niblet.

No, but I do like the name.

I find myself being drawn to Bach as of late.

...somehow it fit the Friedlander show at the SFMOMA. ...odd as Friedlander seems mostly steep'd in Americana, jazz and country music.

I searched in vain for a postcard of that image he captured of the topless LA bridesmaid. Love that picture.

1:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home