This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Moon Is Wizened And It Is Old As A Toad In A Chinese Story



I did it, and so it is done. What a lovely night, this night. I skipped yoga, and everyone was out walking around, and tonight every single person I met was friendly, and I talked to a number of cool strangers, and I still haven't turned on my radio! I'm off to stir some fry and to listen to NPR. Here's something beautiful:






Nighty night, m'dears.

7 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

...that vid-clip and song kind of spook me.

10:08 AM

 
Blogger purplesime said...

Love that song!

There's some bizarre footage there, but alongside that haunting voice of Jolie it really works.

On a similar theme (well, YouTube montages) I found this the other day (on a fab site I visit called Ffffound) which shows 500 years of women in portrait art in a seamless video mash-up.

See it here

Hypnotic, just like the video you shared.

purplesimon out...

10:54 AM

 
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

it is very beautiful, and you sound chipper.

be lucky

5:01 PM

 
Blogger josh williams said...

The old home movie's and the ethereal voice fit very well. Sounds like your evening.

1:14 PM

 
Blogger matty said...

...no. that music and clip still creep me out.

what about some Captain & Tennille? Or, Andy Gibb? Now, there is some beautiful and up-beat music!

...and, it would not scare me.

8:08 AM

 
Blogger matty said...

...Of course, if one wants a true song of the moon --- one should turn toward the old cliff dweller in glitter, platform shoes and perfect shawls: Stevie Nicks.

...then, you could rock out to Sister of The Moon.

Tho, still a bit creepy because I think that song is about death.

8:10 AM

 
Blogger ing said...

Matty:

These days, you are easily spooked. Do you not find the words, the lilting phrasing, the strummy background, the film clip - do you not find it sort of dreamy?

I do.

_________________

Purps!

I guess the clips are pieced together from some of Jolie Holland's old home movies. I'm going to look at that clip now.


Wow, Purps, that's really lovely! Hey, everyone, click on the "here" link!

Thanks!

_______________

ahvarahn:

Chipper, and trying to stay that way. It's Friday night, and I'm going OUT! Woo hoo!

________________

Josh:

San Francisco foggy evenings were made for evanescing into sleep after a night full of kind neighbors. Oh, Josh, it's so great to live here!

________________

Matty:

I didn't mean to scare you! I'm sorry! I guess I like scary music.

_________________

Mattyagain:

I will bear that in mind! I'm off to shop for music & a little aimless gallivanting. I should really clean my apartment and apply for this grant, but it's Friday!

6:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home