This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

WHY??? WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHY?

Well, it looks like I'm going to have all the time in the world to write - my resume!

I was laid off today. It's going to be okay, but to be perfectly honest, I'm scared.

Yesterday I got my hair cut, and I'm not too fond of how it looks, though I guess it's a professional haircut. To my way of thinking it's a bit severe and old-ladyish, but okay, maybe it's a good "job interview" cut. I don't know.



Downsized


I am going to spend the next few days doing whatever I feel like doing. And on Monday, I'll look for work. I guess this is sort of exciting, this forced change. It's "good for me," right?

But it kind of sucks, too. I wish I could have my pretty long hair back. I wish I had someone to talk to. Sometimes "alone" feels soooooooooooo lonely.

oy.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mone said...

Sorry to hear that you are laid of. Soon the holiday season begins and there will be openings somewhere. I'm sure you'll find another job with that responsible look :) Dont feel bad about it, you look great!

12:02 AM

 
Blogger purplesime said...

That definitely sucks and it makes me feel kinda guilty for throwing mine away. I'm going back to freelance, as I can't stand working in one place for more than a few months. I'm not cut out for it.

And you're right, this is your chance. Use that skill of yours to write reviews, anything. Send it out. Get paid for it. I know it's not poetry or fiction - it's not food for the soul - but it's writing and you might make some dollars in the meantime.

And the hair? I think it looks good, frames that gorgeous face of yours well - who wouldn't hire you on the spot?

Let the losses (job and hair) go. You're a star and you'll be shining brightly again soon. I just know it.

Here's a *hug* to stop you feeling so alone.

purplesimon out...

2:56 AM

 
Blogger matty said...

Oh, baby!

You know I'm here == call me!


(and, I like the cut!)

love,
matty

7:07 AM

 
Blogger sage said...

Bummer... And your hair looks marvelous, but you do have a worried look on your face. Hang in there. Get some writing done.

10:50 AM

 
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

i'm sorry Ing. there is very little Bush hasn't broken. vote for change - which is apparently everyone on every ticket now, since the old senator started 'cross-dressing' and croaking 'look out, c-change is coming.'

you day will come!
I hope it's monday - good luck,
paul

5:49 PM

 
Blogger Ren said...

So sorry to hear it, Ing. You ARE going to be okay. Breathe. Breathe... We're all here for you.

6:12 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

Mone:

Thanks! Yes, I'll find something else. It shouldn't be too hard. And though I'm not looking forward to the search, maybe searching will be sort of fun, who knows? It would be great to find a job right in downtown SF.

__________

Purps:

You know, freelancing would be interesting to try out. . . I'm not sure how to go about getting paid to write, but I wouldn't mind looking into it. Hmmm.

For some reason, I rarely enjoy doing the stuff I'm paid to do. There's something about knowing that someone is giving me money for it that makes it sort of dreary. (This isn't exactly true of bookselling, however.)

Thanks for the compliment, and for the hug! ; )

_____________

Matty:

Ach, I see you never!

______________

sage:

I am, I'm writing. In fact, I spent most of today doing just that. It feels sort of strange, like I'm slacking off. . . I guess because I'm not getting paid to do it.

________________

ava-rahn:

Oh, things will change. I hope we don't wind up with another Republican!

________________

ren:

Okay, I'm breathing. Thanks, m'dear!

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Ticharu said...

You do look great, but I miss my golden locks too, long hair is freedom! Drag about being laid off, very scarey... I'm like purplesimon, too long at the same job and I'm ready to hari-kari! Of course too long with NO job and I'm ready to hari-kari... it's a win win situation :)

6:11 AM

 
Blogger ginab said...

you know I'm here for the ups and downs, in peace, in indifference. you'll be okay. you look marvelous tho understandably concerned.

we're on your side. all of us here. even the ghosts (I hear them fine).

love you,
-ginab

2:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home