This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Criminal

I don't know what's going on with me lately, but today I felt so sharp and alert. At the same time, I'm really impatient and so many of the things I do feel like a waste of time. I guess what I mean is, I have all this creative energy, but all these little incidentals keep robbing me of my spare time.

I am dying for time off and freedom from obligation. I'm absolutely dying to use my mind for my own pleasure and purposes, in the way it's best suited to be used.

Tomorrow after work I hope to pay my bills, begin reading a manuscript for work, do yoga, read two issues of The New Yorker, and write two letters for two separate friends who have asked me to do so.

There's no way I can get all that done. No way.

Arg.

It's criminal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

There is a way... But it will require a ball of yarn, two cats (of any sort), pens, rubber bands, and you having a medical degree. Then you can have the cats play with the yarn atop some stationary, and you can tell your friends that you only know how to write like that because you're a doctor.
It's SO doable!

6:19 AM

 
Blogger matty said...

I think you should just focus on what you need and not worry about everyone else so much.

Be good to you, baby!

Sending you love and a hug from across the city!

matty

4:31 PM

 
Blogger ginab said...

and there I thought you set us up with a guessing game as in what's going on with you....

there's with and there's at.

I hope you get to trade stories is me expressing most genuinely something for the with side of you. you with me?

I don't follow me either.

hugs,
-ginab

2:12 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

ren:

Is that how doctors do it? Wow. . . I'll give it a try!

___________

matty:

Thanks, sweets! But I actually want to write these letters & so forth. I think they're a good thing to do for me and for the people who need them. I just wish there was more time every day.

____________

ginab:

No guessing games. But my internet connection has been wonky lately, which is part of the reason I haven't been blogging very much lately. Pages aren't loading. Let's hope it clears up soon.

I did get to pass along a story to someone who can probably give good feedback, though I don't know if he's going to be able to exchange. I hope he can, and in any case, I have enough feedback to get working. Maybe this weekend - maybe I'll have some time.

6:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home