This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Ach, I'm Rushing

Because my internet connection has been wonky and I have mere moments of working connectedness in which to post and I need to get ready for work!

But yesterday was a great day! I had my first "business lunch" with a very cool editor from Yoga Journal in downtown San Francisco, and it was gorgeous and hot and I ate sauteed mussels. Then I returned to work to find out that one of the books I'm working on, Alt Fiber,



is going to be featured in CRAFT magazine in November!!! I have always LOVED this magazine, and I've been DYING to get my crafts authors reviewed there. Look!

After work I went for a bike ride all the way through Golden Gate Park and out to the ocean. Then I came home, gobbled down some food, then I went out with my housemate to see this weird, awesome movie:



Then I came home, showered, and cleaned my room for about ten minutes, and it was bedtime.

Okay, I have to run.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

Congrats on the feature... You can knit with hemp? Hmmm... "Once you outgrow it, you can smoke it!"

9:14 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

You can knit with hmep, and with pineapple, and with seaweed, and all kinds of stuff. It's super neat!

8:56 AM

 
Blogger Ren said...

Kind of makes Bart Simpson's "Eat My Shorts" take on a whole new meaning, huh?

9:37 AM

 
Blogger atomicelroy said...

I am dating my self but I remember when "You Are What You Eat" first came out, I was but a lad. It was shown with steam powered projectors.
It's a weird flick.
I love how they use Fellini's 8 1/2 as a marketing technique
Amazing how all those nutrition and environmental issues that are so popular today where from the 60's. Man we sure do catch on fast.

7:47 PM

 
Blogger sage said...

so, what did that guy eat to grow that kind of nose?

9:36 PM

 
Blogger josh williams said...

Rave on John Donne Rave on ing...A tribute to you, Van Morrison and good ole John.
This was meant as a complement.

Rave On, John Donne Lyrics:
Rave on john donne, rave on thy holy fool
Down through the weeks of ages
In the moss borne dark dank pools

Rave on, down through the industrial revolution
Empiricism, atomic and nuclear age
Rave on down through time and space down through the corridors
Rave on words on printed page

Rave on, you left us infinity
And well pressed pages torn to fade
Drive on with wild abandon
Uptempo, frenzied heels

Rave on, walt whitman, nose down in wet grass
Rave on fill the senses
On nature’s bright green shady path

Rave on omar khayyam, rave on kahlil gibran
Oh, what sweet wine we drinketh
The celebration will be held
We will partake the wine and break the holy bread

Rave on let a man come out of ireland
Rave on on mr. yeats,
Rave on down through the holy rosey cross
Rave on down through theosophy, and the golden dawn
Rave on through the writing of "a vision"
Rave on, rave on, rave on, rave on, rave on, rave on

Rave on john donne, rave on thy holy fool
Down through the weeks of ages
In the moss borne dark dank pools

Rave on, down though the industrial revolution
Empiricism, atomic and nuclear age
Rave on words on printed page

10:48 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

ren:

Ummmm, I guess if you're desperately hungry. And a vegan.

___________

atomicelroy:

Wow, really, you remember when it came out? It's weird indeed, but I liked it! But sheesh, every single person in the film is on so many drugs! It must have been an odd time. Did people have to go to get up in the morning and go to work? How did they manage it?

Though the economy makes it tough for everyone, people get much more creative when they have to be resourceful. I like it.

_____________

sage:

I think he ate a ukulele, maybe?

____________

Josh:

Ah, Van Morrison. . . John Donne is surely raving on in his grave right now.

8:43 PM

 
Blogger sage said...

Oh, that's who he is... Tiny Tim. I thought he looked familiar. He may have eaten an ukulele, but most like it was shoved down this throat.

4:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home