This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Wouldn't It Be Great

if everything could settle down for a year and we could all relax, go to work, come home, make food, read, sleep, get up, listen to music? Wouldn't it be nice to spend the weekends gardening and doing yoga stretches and writing and petting dogs? Sometimes we'd hang out with a friend, and sometimes we'd hang out with another friend, and sometimes we'd spend time alone, maybe drawing or making soup or listening to the radio. Maybe we'd drink coffee late in the afternoon and then spend most of the evening doing things that aren't lucrative. Maybe we'd lose all track of time and get to bed very late in the evening.

Lately, it's been tough to wade through it all. This weekend, in the midst of everything going on around me, I'm going to find the quiet center and stay there. I hope you'll do the same. We could all use a bit of rest, I think.



I am up late. I'm off to read until I can't keep my eyes open any more.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ticharu said...

Making time stand still like a hummingbird...

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Ren said...

I move that we adjourn from life for the next week or so?

5:24 PM

 
Blogger ginab said...

oh you mean life during peace time? did you forget 'sex'?

10:21 AM

 
Blogger matty said...

I enjoyed dancing with you last night -- despite my "two left feet" ...or, maybe they are both right.

3:43 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

ticharu:

Wow, yeah, exactly! Cool! Thank you very much. . . I like you, Ticharu.

_____________

ren:

Could we? I'd love that! I have to postpone until June, but that's exactly what I'll do.

_____________

ginab:

Wish I could.

______________

matty:

You are a great dancer! I didn't know you could do all those moves. I was under the impression that disco was the only thing, but little did I know. And you dipped me! Wow! Next time, I will dip you in memory of our roller skate dance where I lifted you over my head, just as BJ lifted Linda Blair.

7:17 PM

 
Blogger matty said...

really? well, you know i was raised in texas where one had to be able to two step --- plus all those high school dances.

...but, i don't think i am much of a dancer unless i'm on a multi-colored lit floor with the throb of disco! ...glitter disco!

I can't wait for you to lift me above your head again! this time i want a triple spin! ...then i will feel just like linda blair circa 1978!!!

love you!
me

9:02 AM

 
Blogger josh williams said...

It would be great. I do have a plan but for now I am punching the clock, the clock that my own diabolical mind created. Damn my brain, its a real pain in the arse sometimes.

9:00 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

matty:

You can lead, though! You really ARE kind of butch. I never would have guessed it. . . And you're much better at that kind of dancing than most boys.

You ARE Linda Blair! (No, you're Tila Tequila.) Last night T told me that I looked like Tony Tenille. Wha?

____________

Josh:

Your brain is a well-oiled machine. It's the ticking time-bomb of the future, it is. . . and it will explode into a massive ball of confetti. And there will be balloons. Helium balloons.

It is hot. I must drink something cold and bubbly now.

5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home