This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Wildfires

I had a long & interesting weekend. On Friday I fed some dear friends in Oakland, and I the next day at work I may have won someone over. A peripheral friend came in with a map and showed me the location of the Santa Cruz Mountain wildfire (the house I used to own is still safe). I met someone who might turn out to be a new friend, and I went for a walk with a friend whose company I enjoy very much. I talked on the phone to several friends, and today, today, today. Well, today was a quiet day, punctuated by one good conversation about all of this.



Tomorrow I have an appointment to fix my car, and then after work I'll meet the person who might be my new landlord. I have no idea what the rest of the week holds, but I wish every weekend lasted three days.

I may be moving soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger ginab said...

oh and I could use another of the three days.

that chocolate cake looks yummy. I've nary a thing in my tummy.

must work, as I was on a roll, until I came this way and said, "ooh" and "oh".

12:54 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

ginab:

Yeah, me too. What a confusing weekend! Good, but confusing.

I did learn one very important lesson: I can no longer eat an entire piece of chocolate cake, and I probably shouldn't even try.

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home