This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Tonight, Yoga, the YMCA

I do love yoga, I do. But sometimes the poses crack me up a little. I couldn't find a picture of this one thing we did, but it resembled something a Shakespearean actor would strike while soliloquizing about his dearest aspiration to become king. You get down on one knee, as if to propose. One hand rests behind you, on the hamstring. With the other hand you reach up to the ceiling as high as you can, , with your palm facing the back wall. Gaze intensely at a spot on your palm. Try it. NOW!

Are you doing it? Now imagine a room full of people doing the same thing. It's a little bit funny, isn't it?



Still, though, if there's a form of exercise I plan to keep doing until the day I die, it's yoga. Flexible muscles work more safely and efficiently, and muscular function and efficiency = every single task is easier to complete. Balancing poses make us more graceful. And might I remind you that our bodies are our temples?



I have one last Christmas present to wrap. Can you guess who it's for? I found it yesterday, while I wandered around looking at sparkly blouses. Couldn't resist.

7 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

Was it a gift for you to wear on Christamas Eve to the Castro with your ass-kicking-hot shoes?!?!?! I hope it glitters and shines.

I can't do yoga. I laugh too much.

...and, there is always some poor soul who breaks wind and then I just get the giggles. I always end up being asked to leave.

It isn't easy being me. I can't even get fit.

OK -- last day of disco abuse here I come!

...am I eliglble for food stamps?

a non-profit has contacted me for a managment position -- I'm going to call 'em back but I think they are in south sf. don't think i can get there on MUNI or BART. oy.

6:41 AM

 
Blogger ginab said...

But not only in yoga do people break wind there Matty. Think: pool; think: under water.

Did you Ing buy a super hero stiff man replica of the president himself for himself to get down on one knee with it and reach above his head with it and turn his hand ass backwards with it and continue to reach for the sky with it fart.

glitter me golden!

-ginab

9:44 AM

 
Blogger Polyman3 said...

Hey doll. How's things?
Just dropped by to wish you a
Merry and a Happy.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

Yes, yes, *Ing, I can see it. I am thinking about explaining this exercise to a guy at work –he is the world’s greatest nose-picker. This could finally establish for him the acceptable distance his hands should be from his face. I hope it is a painful exercise.

1:39 PM

 
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

and by the looks of my profile pic, i might try it myself

1:51 PM

 
Blogger matty said...

Gina -- I know! People just fart all over! LOL! But, I guess it is forbidden to laugh during yoga. I do so wish I could find that posable doll for Ing! Actually, I wish I could find that one for myself!!!

Glitter me Goldfrapp!

5:34 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

Ummmmmmm, no. It's a gift for someone to wear to a fancy job interview. And it glitters (in a very cool manner of speaking).

And how can you breathe correctly, Matty, when you are laughing in yoga class? In yoga class, you should always smirk. It's a smirky form of physical fitness.

I've never been in a yoga class where anyone breaks wind. But I would definitely smirk.

I am so proud of you!

. . . no, you are not.

Buy a Vespa!

______________

ginab:

Really, do we have to think of that? I'd much rather talk about pee in a blue chlorine pool. Bleeeeeaahhh. Children are adorable, sure, but I'd rather not swim with them.

And the image you presented us of our great leader, who's ignoring Darfur, is lovely and memorable.

_____________

Poly:

Merry Christmas to you and y'all in Polymanland. I've always loved your suit, by the way.

______________

avarahn:

It's only as painful as you make it. And yoga should not be painful, not even for a despicable nosepicker.

_______________

avarahn:

It's not about looks! It's about health and longevity! (Which is a very neat concept.)

_______________

Matty!:

People do NOT fart all over! You're a dude, so I guess I have to accept that you enjoy farty jokes. But ginab, why?

Matty, dearest, I'm absolutely terrified to open that present you bought especially for me. Just terrified.

But I heard that Santa had a few tricks up his own sleeve this year.

10:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home