This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's Now Officially My Birthday!!!!!!!

Hey, y'all.

Lately, things have been crazy. Everyone and their grandmother is having their birthday this month. Me, I turn 39 tomorrow.

Outside, it's colder than a witch's teat. Poor Matty is sick, as is my poor roommate. I hope I don't get it! (I haven't been sick for a long, long time.) The air is crackling dry. I love my bathtub more than I've ever loved it the entire time I've lived here. Tonight I trimmed my nails, gave my hair a deep conditioning, thoroughly stretched my back and feet, and next I will stretch my shoulders.



I hope to sleep well tonight, and to wake a little early. I have a day off, and it will be my birthday, and early in the day I'd like to do lots of Christmas shopping. This, I'm looking forward to, and I'm looking forward to wrapping them up.

Last weekend Matt and B invited me over to help them set up their Christmas tree. We grocery shopped. We hung the tree with disco balls and baby angels and fairies and the memorial ornament I bestowed at the last minute (a beautiful plastic Persian cat). We gorged. B and I drank wine out of glasses the size of goldfish bowls, and Matty had his diet C. While in the background Barbara Streisand sang Christmas tunes, Matty heated a can of gravy in the microwave. At the end of the evening, the kitchen was a big, scary mess.

Once I realized this, I demanded a ride home and I left my poor hosts to pick up the pieces. I did remember to snag my presents and my cake, though I shortsightedly left behind my priceless crystal bowl. I treasure the card Matty and B gave to me -- it's up on my 'fridge.

Today at work, Davi and James bought me a beautiful chocolate cake with pink roses on it, and a great big bottle of beer. I saved the bottle for later, and I blew out every single candle. My wish is going to come true. They rule!

Next week, I'm flying out for another whirlwind trip to see Ginab. Whirlwind. Very exciting, mind you.

I should get off the computer now, but before I do, here are some pics from Thanksgiving:

















9 Comments:

Blogger matty said...

I'm first! I'm first! I'm first --- on your site to say, "Happy Birthday!"

Of course, I've been up since 3am cause I'm still sick. Oy. But, I'm ever so happy that you are in our world!

You rule! And, you look fab!

I look a bit scary, but I think that was the desired effect. Still. I wish I hadn't borrowed so far into the ground. I look like one of those little things that Bill Murray tried to capture and kill in CADDYSHACK. Still. I'm Alright. No body worry 'bout me!

I have some great pix from our Celebration of Turkey/Santa Tree decorating/Your Bday ...and a ceramic cat on the tree named "Cindy"

...and that can of gravy would not have imploded if one of you had told me to open and remove the metal lid! But, no. Everyone assumes I know how to operate something in a kitchen! Oh well. it added to the fun -- and the microwave got really clean after this incident.

Happy Birthday! This is going to be your best year yet!

4:06 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hey there Ing, you were early posting it's officially your b-day, and then by now it is your b-day by golly and to see that you can fly....! Why, it's nice to know that you can because I've booked you a room along the riverfront--'specially for you.

I have a prezzy too but of course me and the post office share belated love exchanges. Ask Matty ;-)!

Happy birthday to you Ing. Ahhh! Love the planting. To this day, might a tree grow whose canopy spreads as though to be all of your smiles.

-ginab

4:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: was so early this morning when I checked to see if you'd birthdayed yourself, I mistook the ground-Dog for a bulb or a tree-lump (whatever's needed to make one grow); an aching, wonking, honking, beloved ACORN.

you know?

7:38 AM

 
Blogger purplesime said...

Happy Birthday! Let me be the first to wish you that from over the pond, being as I"m not ill, on a completely different time zone and therefore not awake at 3am or whatever time that might be.

Jeez, I "subscribe to your vanity" and still Matty and Ginab beat me to it!

So, enjoy your day and I hope whatever you wished for comes true.

Oh, the pics are great. What great kung-fu moves you have!

purplesimon out...

8:10 AM

 
Blogger Ahvarahn said...

I’ve some Banana cake here and a mock-wine cranberry drink. A celebration. Cheers Ing.
Your Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon pictures are bloody marvelous!

Happy Birthday!
Paul.

10:23 AM

 
Blogger sage said...

Happy birthday a day late, from a guy wearing high waters, waiting for the tide to roll in.

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Ticharu said...

Hey! My birthday is on Friday! Forty freakin' seven!!!
Cool pics! That's an amazing jump! Pretty good form too.

6:10 PM

 
Blogger josh williams said...

Thems some staggering jumps, kudos and stuff. Kalamazo, I wonder if they still have the Hot and Now burger joint, boy thems was good back in the day when I had them once. OK twenty years is along time for a fast food chain and I doubt if this is one of Ginabs much to her credit, but welcome back to the midwest...Home of real live winter weather. JW

7:30 PM

 
Blogger Admin said...

super great pics!

10:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home