This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sarah Palin Can See Russia From Her Home

I don't have a TV, and because of this I often feel very out of touch - it seems like most people I talk to make references to shows and actors with whom I'm not at all familiar. For the most part, I'm happy that I don't watch TV - but I do miss seeing the Olympics, and I always used to love watching Saturday Night Live.



I'm off to the doctor's, and I'm terrified that they will find something seriously wrong. I'm also scared that whatever they have to do to me during the exam will be painful. But I suppose it's better to know and take charge of things than it is to let it slide. Wish me luck!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

Just remember to cough on command... Not sooner, nor later. (Long story.) But, all joking aside, good luck.

6:34 PM

 
Blogger sage said...

I hope the exam went well--I don't watch that much TV either--however, you need to go into the daily show and watch the video "Sarah Palin Gender Card" (I put a link to it in one of my blogs a few days ago)

7:39 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

Ren:

I passed my first appointment! But I have to return, twice, for my lady-exams, and once for a cholesterol count. I'm terrified. I had some pre-cancerous cells frozen off my face, my blood pressure is a little low, but otherwise, I think I'm doing all right.

Oh, and I ran 3 miles today! That was my goal, so now my next goal is to run 3 miles a day for seven days straight. Hopefully I'll also lose 5-10 pounds in the process, which is another goal. . .

_________________

sage:

Yep, it went fine. I'll check out that link! I will!

9:33 PM

 
Blogger matty said...

I'm so glad you've decided to get a check up! It will all be fine! Tho, I never trust a doctor who says "Now, just relax" when I've been put into a physically compromised position.

...thank goodness for lube!

11:16 AM

 
Blogger Ren said...

Don't over do it on the running... Start slow, go far.

As for the "lady parts"... I'm all about saving the tah-tah's and the vejay-jay's.

Now, just relax. Hehehehe

11:19 AM

 
Blogger ginab said...

only in california does a doc zap freckles.

glad you came out alright.

you will again...you watch the c (I know).

I have no idea whose on tv. haven't for years. I don't think I'm dummer for not knowing but then how would I really ever know?

xo

2:37 PM

 
Blogger ing said...

Matty:

I NEVER relax, NEVER let my guard down!! Not for a minute!

I have my scary exam next month - the mammogram! If you're around, maybe I could meet you afterwards. I'm terrified & will need you!

__________

Ren:

Well, I hope 3 miles is slow enough. . . I think I started a little fast, but I run a slow 3 miles. I think I'll stick with 3 miles a day for a few months, and when I've mastered the 3-mile run, I'll gradually work my way up to four. Yeah?

Two more exams to go, and I'm in the clear. . .

____________

Ginab:

Oh, I'm sure that if you had one of those skin cancer patches (it's a patch of flaky skin that never goes away), they'd freeze it off for you. Right now I have this ugly blister on my cheek where they froze it. I guess I might have a small scar later. But that's better than cancer.

Hey, I know that tv sux, but I just started watching Madmen, and it's pretty good! But it's not nearly as good as Yesterday's Weather by Anne Enright - the title sotry is fantastic!!

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home