This blog is welcome to anyone and everyone, regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. Unless you don't like writing short stories or smelling bear. Or if you voted for the other guy. Also, I don't really like it when you leave up the toilet seat, so could you stop doing that? Muchas, muchas gracias.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This Week

Kindergarten, grade school, junior high, high school. Beneath desks, between tables, curled up on the bus. Center front in school portraits, center forward in soccer, fastest sprinter in the game but too often mowed down.

This week, though I'm much more substantial, I find that I speak too quietly, and too infrequently. Just this week, I lost four pounds.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger ing said...

The sentence rhythms fall apart as soon as I introduce the first person. Will post the revision (maybe tonight?).

Toniiight, toooniiight, won't be like any niiiight, dooo doo dee doo dee doo dee dummmmmm.

8:58 AM

 
Blogger ing said...

There, revised.

9:14 AM

 
Blogger ginab said...

darling,

you are first person.

i'm going to do as you write, given four pounds could be lost off me.

did you take your bath? tell me that is where the pounds fell off.

4:57 PM

 
Blogger Ticharu said...

How did you loose four pounds and will you find them again???

4:46 AM

 
Blogger ginab said...

this was last week before last week.

7:41 PM

 
Blogger ginab said...

it's JULY dear dainty substantial.

xo

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home